Identifying Potential Risk, Response, and Recovery CIS 333 Week 8 Assignment 2
Due Week 8 and worth 75 points
In Assignment 1, a videogame development company recently hired you as an Information Security Engineer. After viewing a growing number of reports detailing malicious activity, the CIO requested that you draft a report in which you identify potential malicious attacks and threats specific to your organization. She asked you to include a brief explanation of each item and the potential impact it could have on the organization.
After reviewing your report, the CIO requests that you develop a follow-up plan detailing a strategy for addressing all risks (i.e., risk mitigation, risk assignment, risk acceptance, or risk avoidance) identified in Assignment 1. Further, your plan should identify controls (i.e., administrative, preventative, detective, and corrective) that the company will use to mitigate each risk previously identified.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- For each of the three (3) or more malicious attacks and / or threats that you identified in Assignment 1, choose a strategy for addressing the associated risk (i.e., risk mitigation, risk assignment, risk acceptance, or risk avoidance). Explain your rationale.
- For each of the three (3) or more malicious attacks and / or threats identified in Assignment 1, develop potential controls (i.e., administrative, preventative, detective, and corrective) that the company could use to mitigate each associated risk.
- Explain in detail why you believe the risk management, control identification, and selection processes are so important, specifically in this organization.
- Draft a one (1) page Executive Summary that details your strategies and recommendations to the CIO (Note: The Executive Summary is included in the assignment’s length requirements).
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment (no more than 2-3 years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the concepts of information systems security as applied to an IT infrastructure.
- Describe the principles of risk management, common response techniques, and issues related to recovery of IT systems.
- Describe how malicious attacks, threats, and vulnerabilities impact an IT infrastructure.
- Explain the means attackers use to compromise systems and networks, and defenses used by organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems security.
- Write clearly and concisely about network security topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
No. Of Words: 1493
Identifying Potential Risk, Response xxxxxx Recoxxxxxx
Potential Risks, Attacks xxxxxx Threats
xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxs of potential risks, attacks xxxxxx threats xxxxxx I identified previously xxxxxx xxxxxx be found within xxxxxx organization’s netxxxxxx infrastructure. For xxxxxx threats xxxxxx attacks to be dealt with comprehensively, a good stxxxxxxgy must be developed as xxxxxx as a good plan in xxxxxx to mitigate xxxxxx risks so as to minimize xxxxxx effect xxxxxx xxxxxx risks xxxxxx threats xxxxxx xxxxxx on xxxxxx organization. xxxxxx is xxxxxx xxxxxx of ensuring xxxxxx vulnerabilities of anything reaching out to xxxxxx internet xxxxxx corrected i.e. sxxxxxxning of servers xxxxxx xxxxxx computers xxxxxx xxxxxx connected to xxxxxx internet is xxxxxx necessary (Stewart, J. (2011). An organization xxxxxx xxxxxxs to ensure xxxxxx xxxxxxy practice xxxxxx elementary things of security xxxxxx as configuring xxxxxx security settings xxxxxx Operating System (OS), Internet browser xxxxxx Antivirus xxxxxx observed. An organization m