Identifying Potential Malicious Attacks, Threats and Vulnerabilities CIS 333 week 4 Assignment 1
Due Week 4 and worth 75 points
You have just been hired as an Information Security Engineer for a videogame development company. The organization network structure is identified in the below network diagram and specifically contains:
|1) 2 – Firewalls||5) 2 – Windows Server 2012 Active Directory Domain Controllers (DC)|
|2) 1 – Web / FTP server||6) 3 – File servers|
|3) 1 – Microsoft Exchange Email server||7) 1 – Wireless access point (WAP)|
|4) 1 – Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS)||8) 100 – Desktop / Laptop computers|
|9) VoIP telephone system|
The CIO has seen reports of malicious activity being on the rise and has become extremely concerned with the protection of the intellectual property and highly sensitive data maintained by your organization. As one of your first tasks with the organization, the CIO requested you identify and draft a report identifying potential malicious attacks, threats, and vulnerabilities specific to your organization. Further, the CIO would like you to briefly explain each item and the potential impact it could have on the organization.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze three (3) specific potential malicious attacks and / or threats that could be carried out against the network and organization.
- Explain in detail the potential impact of the three (3) selected malicious attacks.
- Propose the security controls that you would consider implementing in order to protect against the selected potential malicious attacks.
- Analyze three (3) potential concerns for data loss and data theft that may exist in the documented network.
- Explicate the potential impact of the three (3) selected concerns for data loss and data theft.
- Propose the security controls that you would consider implementing in order to protect against the selected concerns for data loss and data theft.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment (no more than 2-3 years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
No. Of Words: 1271
Identifying Potential Malicious Attacks, Threats xxxxxx Vulnerabilities
Date of Submission
For one to be xxxxxx to understxxxxxx xxxxxx state in xxxxxx company’s netxxxxxx, txxxxxx is xxxxxx to carry out xxxxxx analysis of xxxxxx vulnerabilities presented by xxxxxx netxxxxxx xxxxxx devices. Security risks xxxxxx xxxxxx brought xxxxxx by online gaming xxxxxx unxxxxxxtunately xxxxxxreased with growth in technological advancements. Such vulnerabilities xxxxxx risks xxxxxx xxxxxx appxxxxxxnt causes of netxxxxxx attacks. As much as xxxxxx of xxxxxx risks xxxxxx be xxxxxxd or eradicated, txxxxxx still exists xxxxxx possibilities of xxxxxx attacks still existing.
Email server poses a xxxxxx vulnerability xxxxxx xxxxxx organizations xxxxxx to hxxxxxxle xxxxxx deal with. As much as Email server is controlxxxxxx within xxxxxx perimeters of (DMZ) Demilitarized Zone, it still poses vulnerability xxxxxx xxxxxx organizations xxxxxx to face. With xxxxxx kind of vulnerability, chances of pxxxxxxhing attacks xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx. Spam emails xxxxxx be a major conc