Case Study 1: Disney’s ITIL® Journey CIS 336 Week 8
Due Week 8 and worth 70 points
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a set of concepts and techniques for managing IT infrastructure, development, and operations. ITIL offers eight sets of management procedures: service delivery, service support, service management, ICT infrastructure management, software asset management, business perspective, security management, and application management. Disney began adopting ITIL best practices in the mid-2000s. Read “ Disney’s ITIL® Journey”, located at https://www.best-management-practice.com/gempdf/disney_itil_journey.pdf.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
- Describe the reasons for Disney’s adoption of ITIL.
- Examine the results that were attained by Disney.
- Compare and contrast ITIL, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO), and Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) frameworks with regard to whether Disney would have attained the same results with the COSO or COBIT framework.
- Examine how Disney implemented auditing and compliance in its enterprise architecture.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the role of audit and compliance in enterprise architecture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the integration of enterprise systems with inter-organizational partners.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in enterprise architecture.
- Write clearly and concisely about enterprise architecture topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
No. Of Words: 708
Case Study 1: Disney’s ITIL Journey
Name of xxxxxx Student
Name of xxxxxx University
Disney xxxxxx is widely xxxxxxn to xxxxxx xxxxxx perfect guest experience adopted ITIL practices to offer xxxxxx kind of reliability, maintainability xxxxxx availability essential xxxxxx xxxxxx demxxxxxxs on xxxxxx company’s IT staff. Disney, xxxxxx is a xxxxxx financial organization with xxxxxx a $1 billion annual IT budget, adopted xxxxxx practice xxxxxx financial havoc begun xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx resulted in xxxxxx “Great Recession”. To evaluate xxxxxx company’s existing IT infrastructure xxxxxx xxxxxx recommendations on xxxxxx action to be taken to better align with stxxxxxxgic business objectives, xxxxxx company chose to xxxxxx Technology xxxxxx Business Integrators(TBI). IT department enjoys productivity, clarity xxxxxx focus xxxxxxd by ITIL. When ITIL is applied correctly, results in xxxxxx productivity, xxxxxxd hardwxxxxxx xxxxxx softwxxxxxx inventory, better practices, low operating xxxxxxs xxxxxx fast