Case Study 1: Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) CIS 341 week 3
Due Week 3 and worth 60 points
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Identify the primary benefits of BYOD in organizations, and determine the key ways in which its concepts can enhance an end user’s overall working experience.
- Analyze in detail the major risks surrounding BYOD, and analyze the security controls and technologies that are currently available and being utilized to manage these risks.
- Provide a real-world example of how BYOD either positively or negatively affected an organization’s productivity and / or security.
- Determine whether or not you would consider implementing BYOD concepts in a real organization and whether or not the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment (no more than 2-3 years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how businesses apply cryptography in maintaining information security.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems security.
- Write clearly and concisely about network security topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
No. Of Words: 920
Bring Your Own Device
Date of Submission
- Identify xxxxxx primary xxxxxxs of BYOD in organizations, xxxxxx determine xxxxxx key xxxxxxs in xxxxxx xxxxxx concepts xxxxxx enhance an end user’s xxxxxxall xxxxxxing experience
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is a xxxxxx signifixxxxxxt policy in xxxxxx professional organizations today. It is a policy, wxxxxxx employees xxxxxx xxxxxx capability of utilizing xxxxxxir private computing devices xxxxxx as smart phones, laptops xxxxxx txxxxxxts to access corpoxxxxxx resources xxxxxx sensitive, private xxxxxx privileged xxxxxx in xxxxxx to execute xxxxxxir daily job responsibilities.
BYOD is xxxxxx vital xxxxxx organizations sxxxxxxe it mirrors efficiency within xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxce as xxxxxx as employee xxxxxx employer xxxxxx experience. Organizations xxxxxx uses BYOD gain in xxxxxx different xxxxxxas in xxxxxxir xxxxxxxxxxxx (Hayes, B., & Kotwica, K. 2013). Productivity xxxxxx efficiency is enhanced by letting employees to carry