Business Intelligence and Data Warehouses CIS 111 Assignment 3
Due Week 9 and worth 100 points
Businesses today are extremely reliant on large amounts of data for making intelligent business decisions. Likewise, the data warehouses are often structured in a manner that optimizes processing large amounts of data.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Outline the main differences between the structure of a relational database optimized for online transactions versus a data warehouse optimized for processing and summarizing large amounts of data.
- Outline the main differences between database requirements for operational data and for decision support data.
- Describe three (3) examples in which databases could be used to support decision making in a large organizational environment.
- Describe three (3) examples in which data warehouses and data mining could be used to support data processing and trend analysis in large organizational environment.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the role of databases and database management systems in managing organizational data and information.
- Distinguish the role of databases and database management systems in the context of enterprise systems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in database systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about relational database management systems using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
No. Of Words: 1030
Business Intelligence xxxxxx Data Wxxxxxxhouses
According to Griesemer & Kadaru, 2009 xxxxxx relational database structure came xxxxxx xxxxxx in xxxxxx xxxxxx 70s. Relational database structure xxxxxxtended to avert xxxxxx difficulties xxxxxx arises in respect to flat files xxxxxx xxxxxx ever xxxxxxreasing demxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxir application especially xxxxxx dealing with xxxxxx complexion of online data.
Data wxxxxxxhouse, contrary to relational database is a database xxxxxx is xxxxxxt xxxxxx storage of xxxxxx. Txxxxxx xxxxxx of database contains a system of centralized repository data center wxxxxxx analysis of xxxxxx xxxxxx different sources takes xxxxxx. Txxxxxx data xxxxxx be analyzed critically xxxxxx a report xxxxxx be drafted. The main xxxxxx xxxxxx relational database xxxxxx data wxxxxxxhouse is xxxxxx xxxxxx relation database is a central xxxxxx developed by xxxxxx organization xxxxxx acts as a storage xxxxxx xxxxxx huge amount of data