Babycakes, a specialty bakery, is the company that will be considered for all parts of your budget planning and control report. For this assignment,
Assignment: Budget Planning And Control
Assignment: Budget Planning and Control
Due Week 9 and worth 200 points
Before approaching this assignment, be sure that you have watched the following video.
- Budgetary Planning featuring Babycakes *FULL VIDEO*. (2016). YouTube.
TYPE EACH QUESTION BEFORE ANSERW THEM. WRITE ON YOUR OWN WORDS . WRITE 4 PAGE PAPERS.
Babycakes, a specialty bakery, is the company that will be considered for all parts of your budget planning and control report. For this assignment, you will develop 4 page paper in which you address the following.
- Briefly discuss the ways a realistic budget will benefit the owner of Babycakes versus having no budget at all. Be sure to use Babycakes as the company and any specific product details in your explanation.
- Prepare a sales budget for the LA Babycakes store for the 4th quarter of 2016. Present the number of units, sales price, and total sales for each month; include October, November, and December, and a total for the quarter. Use one-half of the Valentine’s Day sales as the basis for a usual day in the new quarter. Use 30 days for each month. Calculate the total sales for each month for October, November, and December.
- Create three (3) new products, one (1) for each of the three (3) holiday seasons in the 4th quarter. Estimate the sales units, sales price, and total sales for each month. Describe the assumptions used to make these estimates. Include an overview of the budget in the report, presenting the actual budget as an appendix with all data and calculations. Add these amounts to your sales budget.
- The owner of Babycakes is interested in preparing a flexible budget rather than the static budget she currently uses. She does not understand why, when sales increase, her static budget often shows an unfavorable variance. Explain how a flexible budget will overcome this problem. Use the details of your newly prepared budget for the 4th quarter of 2016 to address her concern.
- Imagine that Babycakes is facing a financial challenge that is causing the actual amount of money that it spends to become significantly more than its budgeted amount. Include a discussion of your own unique cause of the overspending. Explain the corrective actions needed to address these challenges.
- Integrate relevant information from at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Please do not use your textbook as an academic resource. Also,Wikipedia and other Websites that are unreliable do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
- An abstract is not required.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate management control systems and examine their relationship with accounting and planning, including feedback and non-ﬁnancial performance measurements.
- Evaluate decision-making tools for capital investments, budgeting, and budgeting controls.
- Analyze financial accounting tools and techniques that convert financial accounting data into information for decision making.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in financial accounting for managers.
- Write clearly and concisely about financial accounting using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on the quality of your responses, logic and organization
No. Of Words: 899
Baby Cakes Financial Analysis
Baby Cakes Financial Analysis
Planning shapes an essential part of each business. Reality spending xxxxxx demonstxxxxxx xxxxxx anticipated future deals xxxxxx a few items required assembling xxxxxx. It is fundamental xxxxxx Babycakes to xxxxxx xxxxxx planning as txxxxxx xxxxxx vacillations in xxxxxx offers of xxxxxx pastry shop. Reality spending xxxxxx give a chance to better money xxxxxx administration xxxxxx xxxxxx keep axxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx circumstance of deficiency in xxxxxx stocks or xxxxxxspend. Babycakes xxxxxx helpless xxxxxxst xxxxxxspending because of different reasons xxxxxx reality spending xxxxxx give a chance to abridge xxxxxx. Without a financial plan, xxxxxxy won’t xxxxxx any control xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxs. So xxxxxx, xxxxxxy xxxxxx’t assess xxxxxxir execution in a fitting xxxxxx (Schlipfinger, 2010, p. 18). Without a financial plan, txxxxxx xxxxxx odds of xxxxxx stock collection, xxxxxxproduction, xxxxxx underproduction or out of a stock circumstance.
In xxxxxx video, txxxxxx xxxxxx clear sign xxxxxx Babycakes made utilization of practical spending plan in view of xxxxxxir New York branch. It brought xxxxxx xxxxxx